Are you one of the PUBG player? Have you ever facing notice “PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam Error”? Here we would explain how to solve the issue!
Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds (known as PUBG) is a game with the battle royale genre, where players can play with 100 people online at once. In this game players can play solo, team 2 people, and team 4 people, and can invite friends to join the game as a team.
Currently PUBG has been released on various platforms such as Xbox One, iOS and Android. PUBG become the opening act for the success of the battle royale genre. This game has become an unexpected phenomenon in the video game industry.
However, it is natural that PUBG players will encounter errors when playing this favorite game. they will found failed to initialize steam when loading enter the PUBG game menu.
Why the failed to initialize steam error appear?
There are a lot of possibilities factors can cause failed to initialize steam notice appeared. Such as system problems in computers / devices, errors in steam, connection problems, not installed properly and many others.
So, here we will give you some ways to fix this problem easily.
Fix PUBG Failed to Initialize Steam Error
1. Try to Force Restart Your device or Steam App
Like other common problem, this way become first solution. Try to restarting to your device and see if it solves the issue.
Sometime the Steam Client having a problem process. So, try to force restart the Steam client service. Do 2 steps below:
- Open the task manager by pressing the Ctrl+Alt+Del keys.
- Now, click the Processes tab and then find Steam Client Service and other related service, click End task/ End Process.
2. Run Steam as Administrator
It may happen that the steam “fail to initialize” due to some issues of privilege on your windows. Try to run the steam client as the administrator.
1. Press the Windows + E to open the File Explorer and then find to the location where Steam is installed in your windows.
2.Right-click Steam.exe or Steam and then click on Run as administrator.
3. Disable Your Windows Firewall or Antivirus
Sometimes, antivirus or firewall may be caused issue. To turn off the antivirus off just right-click its icon find menu look-like Turn-Off / Disable.
To disable firewall, follow this steps:
- Open control panel.
- Go to System and Security.
- Find Windows Firewall,
- Turn off the Firewall protection.
4. Check the Game Integrity on Steam
This method may solved the failed initialize to steam problem.
- Open the client Steam and choose the game Player Unknown’s Battlegrounds
- Then right click Properties.
- Select Local Files tab, you can find an option Verify Integrity of Game Files..
- Open the PUBG.
5. Update Your Windows Operating System and Graphic Driver
Sometimes, the steam issue happened if you not updating or running the older version of windows or graphic driver.
So update your windows and graphic driver’s soon. And see if the issue solved.
Moreover, don’t forget to check your internet connection. Sometimes internet network problems could cause issue on steam such as “Network lag detected”, so make sure there are no internet problems before playing PUBG.
Enjoy playing, happy chicken dinner!