Android devices are becoming powerful with the pass of every day; Android smartphones and tablet manufacturer are launching their devices equipped with the latest and powerful hardware and software.
Android devices are today capable of doing anything you want it to do, smartphones and tablets are coming with powerful hardware and the latest software which can support almost every app.
Android devices can also be used for controlling your computer, you can use your Smartphone to play media layer using custom controls.
There are plenty of apps in Google Play store that gives you the option to use your Smartphone or Tablet as a wireless keyboard or mouse for a computer and among them, Monect is one which allows you to convert your Android device in all short of peripherals.
This free app not only can transform your Smartphone into a keyboard or a mouse but it can also joystick gamepad, and media controller.
Using this app you can convert your Smartphone into a gamepad which s superb for gaming along with text transfer and presentation mode is some other additional feature.
Use Your Android Device as a Mouse, Keyboard, and Joystick:
- You have to download two components for the tool i.e. a package that will contain both software for the Android app and the desktop server and it can be downloaded from Hotfile hosting. To download you need not sign up for an account you can just click the Regular Download button, you have to just wait for the timer to count down then click on Download link. It will flash warning from your browser or AV tool it will show that this file is potentially harmful but there is no need to worry it is safer and you can use it
- Then you will have to extract the zip file downloaded and then launch a file MonectHost. You will see that your firewall is not allowing and you have to allow the program to make use of your network so as to proceed.
- If your Phone and computer gets connected and runs on the same wireless network, it will hardly take any time to built connection. Then on your phone or tablet, you have to install a copy a Monect and then launch the app, after that you can type in the IP address or you can click on ‘Search host’ to scan for and connect to your device. If by any chance you will be unable to connect the restart window ensuring that the installation process is completed.
- The moment you are connected you will be able to see that there are more than 12 different modes to choose. You can see what each one does and it can be used in a different way.
- After that, your Smartphone or Tablet gets transformed into a laptop-style trackpad with a scroll bar. This mode offers you to access 3D Mouse mode which allows you to move the cursor by using your phone as a laser pointer.
- There are typewriter keys, Numeric keypad, and Function keys are the modes In which your phone can be used as a keyboard.
- You can use Text Transfer Mode where you can prepare text from your phone then you can easily send it to your computer.
- You can move to My Computer mode where you can browse all the content f your hard drive suing Android smartphones. You can move through folders and can open the file remotely you just have to click and hold to bring up the options menu.
- While playing a game you can use it in Race, Joystick, and Shooter modes. This app uses your device’s built-in gyroscope to use it as a steering wheel, it can be used as a traditional joystick/gamepad or a crosshair control for FPS games.
- The rest of the three-mode PowerPoint, Browser, and Media mode can be used when your computer is connected with a larger screen, projector, or TV. All three modes are equipped with a touchpad area and mouse buttons. There are task-specific buttons on the top of the screen, so if you are taking rest on a sofa you can control video playback, browse the web on your TV from your Android device.